Panel Builder is an Instrument Package that allows the creation of custom Instrument Panels to interface with various flight simulators. Panel Builder operates completely outside of any supported flight simulator software. An interface for each flight simulator currently supported is included.
The instruments can be run on the same computer as the flight simulator. The preferred installation for complex instrument panels is to have the instruments installed on a separate, networked computer.
Most instruments contain a configuration option that is accessible via a settings menu option. This is used for setting ranges and/or color bars on the instrument. This enables using the same instrument for a slow piston powered airplane or a high performance turbine powered airplane.
Panel Builder is sold as a base package that contains 6 analog instruments. Additional Instrument Add-On packages add instruments as required for each application. There are generic instrument packages, like the Analog and EFIS Add-Ons or Aircraft and Helicopter type specific instrument packages. To purchase a complete setup, you need to purchase the Panel Builder Base Package and one or more Add-Ons. The Commercial Version includes licenses for ALL instrument add-ons. Download them via the link provided in the Add-On Sections.
Instrument Add-Ons can be downloaded and installed into a licensed version of Panel Builder 3. All Add-Ons are running in trial mode (instruments are visible for 10 Minutes) until the add-on is activated. See the User Manual for instructions.
- Suitable for all single and multi engine aircraft types (depending on Add-On)
- Covers Piston and Turbine Engines (depending on Add-On)
- Design an unlimited number of panels
- A Background Image can be assigned to each panel
- Multi-Screen support
- Instruments are configurable for different aircraft performance data
- Instruments are scalable to fit all sizes of monitors
- Dials and buttons on instruments are functional!
- Touchscreen compatible
- Build Pilot and Co-pilot Panels (independent Copilot Instruments for X-Plane only!)
- Includes Interfaces for X-Plane 10, 11 & 12, Microsoft FSX & 2020 and Prepar3D V3.4, V4.5 & 5.X
- LUA Interface Add-On for A2A C172 and PA28 included for free
- Fixed Wing and Helicopter Instrument Add-Ons available
Note: All prices on this page are in US Dollars
- Added - Panel Builder now supports multiple instances. See User Manual for more information.
- Improved - EFIS Add-On - Improvements to several instrument configuration options
- Added - PA28/38 Add-On: Manifold Press & Fuel Flow Combo Instrument
- Added - PA28/38 Add-On: Buttons for AP Master and AP ALT Hold
- Improved - PA28/38 Add-On: RPM Gauge, 2nd Red Band
- Improved - PA28/38 Add-On: Turn Coordinator / Autopilot STEC-30 is functional now (except SD Mode - not supported)
- Improved - EFIS Add-On: Yellow Color Band trigger warnings (just like red)
- Improved - EFIS Add-On: RPM - Added 2nd yellow and red color band - better support for helicopters
- Added - EFIS Add-On: Fuel Qty Gauge - fully configurable for different units (gal, liters, lbs, kg)
- Fixed - Analog Add-On: ITT Color Band setting working correctly now.
- Fixed - All - AI Pitch Adjust working correctly now.
- Fixed - EFIS Add-On: CarbTemp fixed settings.
- Added - Analog Add-On: Additional Annunciator Lights with expanded functionality (label on top of switch)
- Improved - All - Annunciator Engine - Added Engine Starter (1-4) Status.
- Improved - Software Activation
- Improved - Increased number of USB input devices from 10 to 50 (for mapping buttons)
- Added - GPS EFIS: Wide version to match EFIS Wide PFD
- Added - Helicopter Add-On: BO105 Instruments
- Added - Spitfire Add-On: Enable Multi Engine Instruments, Oxygen Instruments (X-Plane)
- Fixed - Spitfire Add-On: Boost Gauges.
- Added - Instrument Add-On for BK117
- Added - Interface for X-Plane 10
- Added - Switches Add-On (X-Plane) & Interface : APU and External Power (GPU) datarefs
- Added - Switches Add-On (X-Plane): ButtonHold & ButtonHold2
- Added - PC12 Add-On: Generator Volts & Load as separate instruments
- Improved - Installation of Add-Ons, now automatically selects correct install folder.
- Fixed - X-Plane 12 Interface : updated to new Flaps datarefs
- Added - Interface for Prepar3D V3.4
- Added - Improvements to LUA scripts to handle local variables (P3D, FSX & MSFS2020)
- Fixed - Panel Builder crashes when removing USB device
V3.1.1 - (Internal Version only - no public release)
- Added - Support for the X-Plane 12 (Pre-Release).
- Added - Enable a 2nd copy of Panel Builder on a second or third networked computer.
- Added - Show Monitor Numbers when using 'Move To...' function
- Added - Chipmunk Instrument Add-On
- Added - Pilatus PC12 Instrument Add-On
- Added - Analog Engine Instruments (in all Add-Ons): 'Require Battery Power' option
- Fixed - ButtonMapper for Copilot Instruments
- Fixed - Other small visual enhancements & minor bugs
- Fixed - EFIS Add-On: MFD Frame Page Display
- Fixed - Helicopter Add-On: R22/R44 Engine Panel
- Fixed - Analog Add-On: ADF Card Dial
- Fixed - Analog Add-On: COM & NAV Radio Swap Buttons
- Added - Analog Add-On: Annunciators for Switch Status
- Added - Glider Add-On: Airspeed Indicator Ventus 3-15
- Added - PA28/PA38 Instrument Add-On
- Added - Comco Ikarus Instrument Add-On
- Added - Panel Background Show Grid Option
- Updated - LUA script for A2A PA28 for Autopilot LEDs (for use with PA28/PA38 Instrument Add-On)
- First Public Release of Version 3.0
- For features refer to the User Manual.
- Review our YouTube Video for major changes compared to Version 2.X.